So, April: what have we got?
- April Fool's Day - Did anyone catch you out? Did you fool the family? What is the best April Fool you have ever come across? If you need a title, how about : "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.." That's from Nineteen Eighty Four .
- Mother's Day - Did you snap a picture of your gifts, given or received? Did you have a secret wish for a certain something? What was your first Mother's Day like? I haven't scrapped mine yet and I know I should. Or what about when you were little, what did you do for your Mum? Have expectations changed?
- April is the month when we start to see more light during the day - brilliant for getting outside and taking more photos. "Always take time to stop and smell the flowers." Do a photo walk, record the garden now and at the end of the month again. Or think about the weather - how many times have you needed an umbrella? Are those April showers around? Do the Easter school holidays remind you of being stuck indoors making things? Last year I wrote a blog post called "Bringing The Boredom Back" and I think I might scrap that!
- Easter, of course; but what about photos of any new Spring things you have bought for the house? Any Spring cleaning projects? If you need a title for that one, how about: "Where there is a woman, there is magic". Any new outfits? I might do a page about shivering in my new Easter clothes - who used to do that too?
- It's National Kite Month in April in the U.S. - that sounds more like a March subject to me here; but it's worth having a look at those Toybox papers for that one
- Or what about National Teach Children To Save Day? How about a layout on your first moneybox, or on what you are saving up for right now..
- And finally, if you are looking for creative ideas for those lovely journaling cuts, check out the Crate Paper Blog for their Card Menu
|If you aren't in a layout making mood, this kit is perfect for Spring cards and tags (felt flowers and rub on from my stash)|