Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's Just Scraps

So, it's nearly the end of the month. Have you finished up your kit yet? I have a few bits left:


 
and I've been thinking of ways to use up the scraps.

First, I pulled out a fresh sheet of white cardstock (next time I think I might need to order more matching colour - a great way to stretch your kit). Choose one photo only and cut narrow strips from what is left of your patterned paper, to the width of your picture.



Layer them up.

Add texture and interest to a simple design like this with stitching, punched shapes or what is left from that beautiful sticker sheet.


Finally, check for charm. It's the finishing touch. Look at your layout and see what there is about it to charm your viewer. Is there something to make them smile? Something to make them say "Ooh! Look!"? Add a special piece. Here I used a Bumpy Road punch to make the top of my page look like a frothy head of Guinness. Finished.

10 comments:

humel said...

Ooh, fabby! I'm hoping to soon have some leftovers - first I need to use the kit, ahem..... I'm not short of photos, but lack of time has been getting in the way rather! This gorgeous layout has inspired me though, I shall do my darndest to squeeze in some more scrapping asap :-)

Cheryl said...

i've not had time to touch the kit yet but i will, i will... love your use of scraps and stitching, and yes the coordinating cardstock colours were brilliant. can't wait to get started! x

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful way to use up the scraps,Sian.

Mary B said...

Super way to use those little bits left over love the page you have done.

Alana said...

This layout is fabby and so different to what I would do. I find it hard to use plain paper but my try and give this a go.

Susanne said...

Love it, will no doubt lift it one day.

Sandie said...

What a lovely idea. It's a lovely effect and a brilliant way of using scraps. I do hang on to bits left over as some of the papers are SO scrummy. Now I have a good use for them!
Thanks Sian.

Denise said...

This is a lovely way of using up the bits- thanks Sian

alexa said...

Really stylish - and you know how much I love a contained look with plenty of white space! Your strips are perfect and the rosette a wonderful finishing touch.

Lisa said...

Scraps!!! I haven't cut into the kit yet!!!

lol

L x