Thursday, April 28, 2011

Your April Cheat Sheet

How's that April kit coming, then? Have you broken into it? Finished it? Or are you still admiring it?


I've got a new feature for you today. I'm calling it a "cheat sheet" and I hope it will give you a few ideas for scrapping the month away. .

So, April: what have we got?

  • April Fool's Day - Did anyone catch you out? Did you fool the family? What is the best April Fool you have ever come across? If you need a title,  how about : "It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.." That's from Nineteen Eighty Four .
  • Mother's Day - Did you snap a picture of your gifts, given or received? Did you have a secret wish for a certain something? What was your first Mother's Day like? I haven't scrapped mine yet and I know I should. Or what about when you were little, what did you do for your Mum? Have expectations changed?

  • April is the month when we start to see more light during the day - brilliant for getting outside and taking more photos. "Always take time to stop and smell the flowers."  Do a photo walk, record the garden now and at the end of the month again. Or think about the weather - how many times have you needed an umbrella? Are those April showers around? Do the Easter school holidays remind you of being stuck indoors making things? Last year I wrote a blog post called "Bringing The Boredom Back" and I think I might scrap that!
  • Easter, of course; but what about photos of any new Spring things you have bought for the house? Any Spring cleaning projects? If you need a title for that one, how about: "Where there is a woman, there is magic". Any new outfits? I might do a page about shivering in my new Easter clothes - who used to do that too?
  • It's National Kite Month in April in the U.S. - that sounds more like a March subject to me here; but it's worth having a look at those Toybox papers for that one
  • Or what about National Teach Children To Save Day? How about a layout on your first moneybox, or on what you are saving up for right now..
  • And finally, if you are looking for creative ideas for those lovely journaling cuts, check out the Crate Paper Blog for their Card Menu
If you have any other plans, do share them here.  And I'll start thinking about next month.

If you aren't in a layout making mood, this kit is perfect for Spring cards and tags (felt flowers and rub on from my stash)

1 comment:

JO SOWERBY said...

hiya sandra thanx for stopping by. i loved the dresses too. hope ur having a gr8 BH weekend. loving the posts here,
Jo xxx