Saturday, August 27, 2011

Six Squared

I've been playing around with some of the Authentique 6x6 papers and I think I like them! Actually, I know I like them. I'm always saving up my full sheets of patterned paper because I love to use them as backgrounds - with a 6x6 bundle I can happily cut away without having to worry about spoiling a 12x12 piece. I'm converted.


I made this page with some of the pink patterns from the Uncommon bundle simply by choosing a few favourite patterns and cutting each sheet into quarters. That gave me squares of 3x3 which I arranged loosely into a grid, roughing up the edges a bit for added texture. That crepe paper flower is from Girls Paperie and if you like it, grab a packet while you still can; they aren't being made any more. The wooden butterfly and the alphabet are from my stash.

So, 6x6: have you tried them? I'm going to make some cards next.


1 comment:

Clare said...

Very pretty (your layout and your daughter!) Like the idea of journalling on one of the squares.