Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crate is Great!

The lastest monthly kit from the shop featured papers the Farmhouse paper range from Crate Paper. The kit has now sold out but Sandra has the papers available singly as well as a cute 6x6 pad. I've made a couple of projects using the 6x6 papers, which are mini versions of the bigger papers.

On my layout I used some of the papers as a mat for my photo and some smaller squares and a punched strip raised up on scrap card to frame the edges.


I made the flowers by folding up strips of paper concertina style and then finished them off with a button. I used pinking shears on the outer edge first to give a frilly edge.


To embellish my card I made some flowers using a Tim Holtz dies, they were cut from cream card and then sprayed with glimmer mists before finishing them off with an adhesive pearl. The Happy Birthday stamp is one I've had for ages, I stamped it using Distress Ink in Fired Brick which was the perfect match for the red and orange tones of the papers and the flowers.

No comments: